Days of festival in 2021 : 19/11/2021 e 20/11/2021
Lanterns Festival Yeepeng, in Chiangmai, THAILAND
Come and participate in the biggest festival to celebrate Yi Peng in Chiang Mai, for two exceptional days. With more than 5,000 people each day at a sold-out crowd, during which nearly 10,000 lanterns will be lifted into the sky each day to offer you a sight of striking beauty. Useful tip! Don’t delay to buy your ticket, the ticket office has been open since December.
The Lantern Festival is also known as Yee Peng or Yi Peng, and takes place on the 12th lunar month of each year in the Thai calendar.
If you wish to take part in this celebration, you must go to the “Pearl of the North,” the famous Chiang Mai. There are direct flights from Bangkok and Phuket. This celebration is the most important in this region because Chiang Mai was once the capital of the ancient Lanna Lanna civilization that initiated this rite.
Yee means "Two" e Peng "Full Moon Day", the festival is so called because it refers to the full moon of the 2nd month Lanna. The act of releasing a lantern to the sky means the abandonment of all the evils and misfortune of the previous year. Buddhists believe that if you make a wish when you light the lantern, it will come true (but only if your acts are righteous in the New Year).
Schedules: 4:30 pm to 9:30 pm, November 19th and 20th, 2021 Location: CAD Cultural Center
USD 149 /person
This pass includes:
- Round trip transportation beginning from the meeting point in Chiang Mai.
- 2 lanterns per person
- Dinner around a Thai buffet
How would the festival take place?
4:30 PM – Arrival at the festival site. Representations of the Lanna culture through handicrafts, dances, rituals, it’s a whole atmosphere in which you will be immersed.
6:00 PM – Typical Lanna culinary buffet (at will)
7:30 p.m. – Preparation for the religious ceremony in front of the pagoda.
8:30 PM – All festival-goers will be invited to go to the site of the ceremony. For 20 minutes, songs will end up with 1 minute of meditation.
8:45 PM – Launching of lanterns (lanterns will be launched simultaneously when the “START” will be announced by the host of the event)
9:30 pm – End of the festival
What’s included in the festival:
- All-you-can-eat food and drink (buffet)
- Memories of the festival
- Two lanterns per person
- Attend the show and take part in the many activities offered at the event venue.
- To and from transportation by van to the festival beginning from the meeting point. (approx. 40 min)
Schedules are subject to change.
– Bermuda shorts are not allowed, nor sleeveless clothing.
– Alcoholic beverages are not permitted during the event.
– The ticket is only valid for the booked date; date changes are not possible. The tickets are nominative and cannot be resold or exchanged.
- Tickets are non-refundable, the organizer of the event in case of cancellation (natural disaster for example) would donate the amount from the tickets to charity organizations as it is customary in Thailand for religious events.
- Tickets are non-refundable under any circumstances, even if the ceremony has to be cancelled (e.g. due to a natural disaster). The ticket money in this case would be donated to charity courses by the event organizers.