The Similan Islands are located no more than 60 miles from Phuket. Koh Similan is the most famous archipelago of the Andaman coast. Its renown is due to the amazing and stunning underwater with clear water like that one we can find in Racha island. It’s frequently in the top 10 ranking of the best underwater in the world.
“IMAGINE A VERY CLEAR BLUE WATER WITH A HIGh visibility, many fishes: that’s Similan, a paradise on earth”
THis archipelago is more and more famous, even the King of Thailand use to come here to spend his vacation. “Similan” name come from the word: “semilan” in Malay language, and means “nine”. Each island of the archipelago is named as a number between 1 and 9. Koh Ba Ngu (#9), Similan (#8), Payu (#7), Miang (#4, #5 e, na opinião de alguns, #6 ), Payan (#3), Payang (#2) e Hu Yong (#1).
Hin Pousar or “Elephant Head Rock”, is alternatively named #6. Koh Bon, located no more than 17 miles to the north of Ba Ngu, is also a part of the Similan national park and is named #10.
Similan islands are opened only from october 16 till may 15 since there are a part of the national park to preserve and protect its ecosystem.
Planning of your tour:
- 6 am – Pick up hotel.
- 8 am – Arrival to the Khao Lak’s pier. Breakfast (buffet) and getting your snorkeling equipment (bags, fins, snorkels).
- 8:30 am – The speedboat leave the pier.
- 9:50 am – Swimming and snorkeling time at the #7 island.
- 11:00 am – Arrival at the island #4 (Koh Miang), snorkeling in Princess Bay and relax on the white beach sand, one of the whitest of Thailand.
- 12 pm – Lunch time
- 1 pm – Departure to island #4 and #9 (Ba Ngu) for snorkeling in Christmas Point. A famous underwater place.
- 2 pm – Departure to island #8 (Similan), to relax and enjoy Donald Duck Bay (Ao Kuak).
- 2:15 pm – Arrival at island #8. Relaxation on the beach, or climb till viewpoint Boat Rock.
- 3:00 pm – Departure for island #8. Return to pier.
- 4:30 pm – Arrival to the pier and snack served.
- 5:30 pm- Return to hotel by van.